Sunday 11 May 2014

Journal Quilt Armenia

Quite excited about this next square. Our bush camp just inside the Georgia border had a large flock of sheep as we arrived. If you look very carefully at the landscape, you can see them heading quickly home. I harvested some wool- the gorse bushes were ideal for hanging onto the loose bits. Then here in Armenia I washed it well and loosely felted it. It is beautifully soft. What you see is a woolen flower. To come will be the center of the flower - an Armenian coin once we are past Azerbaijan. Also I have three little circle things I picked up at the market which are for sanding small things. The hole in the center means they get to be attached and become the center of smaller flowers.

Quite pleased with the felting process as I had nothing but soap water and a plastic bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment